KEY FACTS & FEATURES
Stadium de Toulouse was built in 1937. One year later, at the 1938 World Cup, it hosted the match and rematch between Cuba and Romania in the first round of the tournament.
The stadium was further developed in 1949, but then remained very much the same for almost half a century.
Stadium de Toulouse was selected as one of the playing venues of the 1998 World Cup, and as a result underwent a major redevelopment. During the World Cup, the stadium hosted four group matches and the round of 16 match between Holland and Yugoslavia (2-1).
Stadium de Toulouse is located in central Toulouse on an island in the river Garonne. It lies about 3 kilometres south of Place du Capitole in the historic centre, and a good 4 kilometres from the central railway station.
The nearest metro stations are Empalot and St Michel, both on the yellow line, from where it is a 15-minute walk to the stadium. The yellow line crosses through Toulouse’s historic centre and passes close to the central station (and can also be reached with a change from the red line).